What is Islam?
Islam is not a new religion. It is the same truth that God revealed to all His prophets throughout history. Islam is both a religion and a complete way of life. Muslims follow a religion of peace, mercy and forgiveness that should not be associated with acts of violence against the innocent.
This is of course a lie...To call what is written in the Koran and what is written in the Bible the "same truth" is either a lie, ignorance or insanity.
The "religion of peace" adherants are responsible for nearly 10,000 acts of violence and terror since 9/11. They poured out of mosques in Sudan last Friday calling for the execution of a British teacher who allowed her students to name a teddy-bear Muhammad.
The peaceful verses muslims trot out are those from the Meccan period -- early on in Muhammad's career. One must understand the Islamic principal of abrogation to see how insignificant the verses are in comparison the the atavistic verses of the later Medina period. To quote from Citizen Warrior:
The Quran's commandments to Muslims to wage war in the name of Allah against non-Muslims are unmistakable. They are, furthermore, absolutely authoritative as they were revealed late in the Prophet's career and so cancel and replace earlier instructions to act peaceably.
Without knowledge of the principle of abrogation, Westerners will continue to misread the Quran and misdiagnose Islam as a "religion of peace."
Mercy and forgiveness?? As in "Behead Those Who Insult Islam?" And ask what the word "innocent" defines. For Muslims, innocent people are Muslims practicing their version of Islam. Non-Muslims (kuffar) and other Muslim sects are never innocent and are acceptable objects of dominance or homicide.
Who are Muslims and what do they believe?
There are an estimated 1.2 billion Muslims worldwide. No more than 20 percent of Muslims live in the Arabic-speaking world. The country with the largest Muslim population is Indonesia. Muslims believe in One, Unique, and Incomparable God. They believe in the Day of Judgement and individual accountability for actions. Muslims believe in a chain of prophets beginning with Adam and including Noah, Abraham, Ishmael, Isaac, Jacob, Joseph, Job, Moses, David, Solomon, and Jesus. God's eternal message was reaffirmed and finalized by the Prophet Muhammad (peace be on them all). One becomes a Muslim by saying, "There is no deity but God, and Muhammad is the messenger of God." By this declaration, the person announces faith in all of God's messengers.
"They believe in a chain of prophets..." Like many statements by Muslims, you must carefully examine the words to see if we indeed understand what is being said.
1. Just believing the certain people existed means nothing. I believe that Muhammad existed, but I sure as hell don't believe he has anything to do with the God of the Universe, Yahweh.
You believe that there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe that—and shudder.
2. Prophets in the Biblical use are men who speak God's words for various reasons and whether or not the list is of true prophets or not...one thing remains clear....Jesus was not a prophet. He said he was God. So you don't get to say he was a prophet or a wise teacher--He was a lunatic, a liar or Lord, and you better choose wisely, my friend.
3. Gods message "was reaffirmed and finalized" by Muhammed. This is a statement I find hard to hear without laughing hysterically. It is like saying that Michael Moore's movie Sicko reaffirmed and finalized the art of tatooing. There is NOTHING remotely similar..except the use of similar names and plagiarized passages.
Certainly, the format, the message, the theology, the character of God, his love for his creation are all exactly opposite - not reaffirmed.
What is the Quran?
The Quran is the record of the exact words revealed by God through the Angel Gabriel to the Prophet Muhammad. It was memorized by Muhammad and then dictated to his companions. The text of the Quran was cross-checked during the life of the Prophet. The 114 chapters of the Quran have remained unchanged through the centuries.
This is a oft-repeated refrain--one that is devoid of truth or even simple logic. I could grant that Muhammad memorized his sayings, but we are putting humans in the loop when he "dictated to his companions." Oops, isn't that one of the biggies for Muslims? Humans wrote the Bible and we can't trust it's authenticity--right? And when was the scrupulously memorized wisdom of the rock god transcribed to a readable format?
Contrary to Muslim claims, some verses had not been memorized by everyone: Hadith 511
511. Narrated Zaid bin Thabit: Abu Bakr sent for me and said "you used to write the Divine Revelations for Allah's Apostle (SAW): So you should search for (the Quran and collect) it." I started searching for the Quran till I found the last two Verses of Surat At-Tauba with Abi Khazaima Al-Ansari and I could not find these Verses with anybody other than him. (They were): 'Verily there has come unto you an Apostle (Muhammad (SAW)) from amongst yourselves. It grieves him that you should receive any injury or difficulty. . . (9:128-129) Vol. 6 -Virtues of the Quran - Hadith 511
7. There seems to be a conflict in the claims as to when the Qur'an was collected, and there was not a generally accepted version available: Hadith 525 & 526
525. Narrated Qatada: I asked Anas bin Malik, "Who collected the Quran at the time of the Prophet (SAW)?" He replied, "Four, all of whom were from the Ansar: Ubai bin Kab, Muadh bin Jabal, Zaid bin Thabit and Abu Zaid." Vol. 6 -Virtues of the Quran - Hadith 525
526. Narrated Anas (bin Malik): When the prophet (SAW) died, none had collected the Quran but four persons: Abu Ad-Darda, Muadh bin Jabal, Zaid bin Thabit and Abu Zaid. We were the inheritors (of Abu Zaid) as he had no offspring. Vol. 6 -Virtues of the Quran - Hadith 526
The Quran "remained unchanged through the centuries". Boy is that a whopper...there is voluminous evidence to the contrary see full article.
What are the "Five Pillars" of Islam?
What about the American Muslim community?
There are an estimated 7 million Muslims in America. The Muslim community in America is made up of people from a wide variety of ethnic backgrounds and national origins. There are almost 2,000 mosques, Islamic schools and Islamic centers in America. Muslims are active in all walks of life. Islam is one of the fastest growing religions in this country and around the world.
Actually, there are more like 2 million which is less than 1% of our population. Not worthy of swaying the majority rule in my opinion. And Non-Denominational Christians are growing in numbers 10 times faster than Muslims in this country. That's whole point of CAIR--to yell and scream Islamophobia and make press releases and lawsuits substitute for numbers or importance.
Saturday, December 1, 2007
Looking at Islam through CAIR's eyes...
If you to the website for Council on American-Islamic Relations, you will find a textbook version of quiet deception. Read the page What is Islam? A copy follows with my editorial comments added.