Saturday, October 20, 2007

Muslims Against Sharia

I had a post from the blogger at this site yesterday...and was a little suspicious so I went to the site to check it out. I am still a little puzzled but cautiously pleased by what I read.

The Manifesto they express admits a number of serious problems in the Koran and Islam in general which I have posted earlier on my site. Their solution is to take the offending verses out of the Koran and dispense with violent and arcane passages in the Hadiths and Sunna I suppose.

But gee whiz, if you find thousands of references to violence and domination to be offensive and not inspired by your diety, I would think it is time to turn to another source for enlightenment---not make one up to fit your idea of what religion should be.

Don't get me wrong. If these people are sincere, they are very courageous and just the kind of people we need in this world. What makes me shake my head is after acknowledging the awful truth about Islam, why stay with such a false doctrine?

Please, if you read this, consider the one true God who has been patiently waiting for you.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

"it is time to turn to another source for enlightenment"

That's an easy way out. We are at war with militant Islam and we do not intend to leave anyone behind.

"What makes me shake my head is after acknowledging the awful truth about Islam, why stay with such a false doctrine?"

If you did read our manifesto, you know that we think that the Koran has been corrupted by Wahabbi-like ideologues.

"Please, if you read this, consider the one true God who has been patiently waiting for you."

We also believe that the God of the Torah is the God of the Koran.

snowman said...

An easy way out? With all due respect, you are being illogical my friend.

Exactly what was corrupted in the Koran, and when? Please give some example Suras and dates.

I realize you BELIEVE you worship the same god, but sadly no. Read my September post The Same God? or browse one of the Islam links on my blog.

Thank you for your post.

muhairi8 said...

First I want to Thank you snowman for inviting me here.

Again Muslims Against Shraia are not Muslims because from their "manifesto" I don't think that any Muslim will such things or if they are I'm sure that they know nothing about Islam.

About "Koran has been corrupted by Wahabbi-like ideologues"

I have one question to you MAS did you read the Koran?

Didn't you read the part where God "Allah" said that the Koran will be protected?

If you don't then I advise you to read it.